Transfer recordings to a new device
When it's time to move to a new device, it's easy to transfer your recordings. These steps will guide you through the process:
- Export your recordings to a computer. You can find detailed instructions on this step in the related article down below.
- Install and open the Smart Recorder app on your new device.
- Tap Recordings button, give it permission to access the storage if it asks – it will initialize folder structure: <storage>/SmartMob/SmartRecorder/
(Note: for exact location lookup Location of Recordings in app's Settings)
- In a similar way as in step 1, connect your new device to a computer, and copy recording files you want to have on your new device to SmartRecorder folder.
- Open the app again and tap Recordings – import will happen automatically.
Instructions for an older app (version 1.8.0 and earlier):
- Connect the old phone to your computer (put in file transfer mode, if needed)
- Find SmartVoiceRecorder directory on the phone's storage and copy the directory
- Go to your Google Play account and install Smart Recorder
- Open the application once to create the directory for recordings
- Connect the new phone to your computer, find SmartVoiceRecorder directory and copy your recordings there
- Then go to Phone's settings -> Applications -> Manage -> Smart Recorder and select Clear data
- Run the app to re-scan directory for new files